I am behind again on updating the blog. There is so much to do!! It's been a pretty fun Summer!!! I have so many pictures to add of Andrea's, Tara's, and Sharon's visits. (Craig's sisters and Aunt) My mom and youngest sister moved to Logan from Springville, also with my sister's son Shawn. That's been quite eventful. We've been to the pool, fireworks, garage sales, splash pad and Hogle Zoo. Time is going by so fast, pretty soon it will be Fall! (My most favorite season ever!) I will have to get on updating all about this summer soon, promise!
The purpose of this post is to talk about my husband. In about two weeks we will be on our 3rd wedding anniversary! In one sense, it seems like forever, I can't imagine life before Craig. He's just been there for me through everything in my life the past 4 years. I can honestly say, I have never trusted another person EVER as much as I trust craig. BUT, on the other hand, it feels like we are still newlyweds, our love still feels exciting and fun. We really enjoy each others company. Time has seemed to fly right on by.
In my life, I have been through a lot. My dad was a serial cheater for many, many years. Once my parents split, he had very little to do with us for quite a while. I have had so many insecurities through the years. Every guy I dated in the past I had this constant fear of being cheated on. It always caused arguments in relationships. Every time a boyfriend picked up his phone I was terrified he was texting another girl. I know it's pathetic, but my dad cheated on my mom for probably the whole fifteen years they were married.. So it was something I constantly worried about. When I met Craig, he made me feels so comfortable and safe. He would tell me I deserved so much better than the things I was putting up with. He was always my should to cry on during our friendship. He was my best friend. I trusted him in the way I had never trusted a guy before, from the very beginning. To this day I have never had a thought or question cross my mind that he would cheat on me. He is the most amazing man ever.
In the time we've been married we've experienced loss, heartache, worry, fear, financial difficulties, stresses with school, pregnancy and baby, family, church, money, work, and so much more. Things will never get better, you will always have stress and heartaches along the way. It all comes down to the way you handle it as a couple. Of course we are human. We get into arguments from time to time, but we always get through it. Apologizing and moving on is the best thing you can do.
I just have to say, we have come such a long way. I truely believe Craig is my soulmate. I know with personal and spiritual experiences before we married that we are meant to be. We both tried a few time to stay away from each other, and move on. There was a force stronger than any earthly thing repeatedly pulling us together. We couldn't stay apart, something was always bringing us right back together. I truely thank Craig for not giving up. For not listening when I told him I didn't have feeling for him, and wasn't ready to be with him. I was honestly just scared of how strong of feelings I had for him. I was scared to admit I knew we were meant to be. It was the hardest most terrifying feeling falling that hard for him. I felt I didn't deserve him, he was such a good person and I was me. Just plain, old, boring me. Never accomplished anything in life. He was like a knight in shinning armor. Over the years we have brought out the best in each other. We are so supportive of one another. We are raising our little girl together, doing the best we can. We are happy. I love my life, I love my knight! <3
1 comment:
This is SO beautiful Amanda. I have to tell you though, you are not plain old boring you. I look up to you so much and am so blessed to have you as my sister-in-law. Love you!
Post a Comment