Monday, June 13, 2011

Father in heaven's Blessings.

Wednesday November 17th 2010 started out like any other day. I woke up looking forward to my 30 week check-up later in the day. I remember going into work to pick up a movie I lent out to another receptionist. I visited with one of the receptionist for a bit and told her about my appointment I would be going to after I left there. She wished me luck and I went to Utah State to pick Craig up from school so we could go to our appointment with Dr. Horsley. 
We made it to our appointment at 3:30, It was a normal check-up. Go in, give a urine sample, get a weight, and meet with the doctor for a moment. We went in the room waiting for Dr. Horsley to come in and tell us how things are going with the pregnancy.
Doctor Horsley came in the room and asked if I had been having any sort of bladder infection. I said No.. He said, we have found an extreme amount of protein in your urine. I am going to need you to go up to Labor and Delivery right away and they will put a catheter in you and monitor things for a couple hours. 
We rushed straight up there wondering what was going on. They put me on the monitors and said, my urine is now no longer showing protein. So we thought, we may be able to go home then. They kept me on the monitors for a while longer. The nurse came back in the room and started doing tests on my legs and feeling my feet. She said I had all the signs of Preeclampsia or also known as Toxemia. 
She informed us that some way or another I would be delivering this baby tonight! If we had time they could take me in the ambulance and have a c-section down in Ogden at the McKay Dee hospital or I could have the baby in Logan and then go down afterwards in an ambulance to Ogden and the last option was to have the C-Section in Logan and Jazlynne would be life-flighted to Ogden. It just depended on how much of an emergency we were in. 
We waited.. and waited.. My sisters, Marissa and Rebecca had arrived at the hospital and were just sitting there trying to figure what was going on. We still were not sure exactly what was happening. We had arrived at the hospital at 3:30 and it was nearly 9:00. 



I looked over at our heart monitors and noticed something, Jazlynne's heart rate had dropped down to the upper 50's. Not good!!! As soon as I noticed this the nurses came running in the room getting my unhooked as fast as they could. They told Craig to grab some scrubs and get changed as fast as he could. I started to freak out and just get really upset. I was very worried about my baby. They informed us we were going in the O.R. to have an emergency C-Section right this moment. Marissa called Craig's parents and they rushed down with Alyssa to the hospital. Within about five minutes of Jazlynne's heartbeat dropping we were out of the room and rushing down the hall of the hospital. Little did I know they were just as worried about my health as they were about Jazlynne's. I guess I wasn't doing well either. My only concern was for my little Jazlynne. 
We entered the O.R. and I saw at least 25 staff members in the room standing around just waiting. Craig and my nurse were right by my side. Dr. Anderson the Anesthesiologist began poking my back as soon as we entered in the room trying to get my epidural going. He worked so nervously and quickly. One after the other poking into my back trying to get the shot to take. My nurse was holding on to my hand while Craig was rubbing my hair. I was holding my arm with my other hand squeezing so tight my nails began to make my arm bleed. I feel bad for the poor nurse. I was squeezing her hand so tight I could have broke her fingers! :) Fourteen pokes later and it still would not take. They rolled me over and pinched my stomach really hard and asked if I could feel that. I screamed and said yes! So they sent Craig out of the room and put the mask over my face and put me to sleep.   

No comments: