Saturday, February 02, 2013

Daddy's baby

When I met Craig I knew he was a different kind of guy. He was so much sweeter and sensitive than most of the guys I had previously dated. I never thought about how he would some day treat his future little girls. Well, Jazlynne is blessed with one of the best dads in the world!! He works full time, goes to school after work and does homework every night. He's extremely busy to say the least. BUT there's never a moment that he isn't Cuddling or playing with Jazlynne when he's not busy with work or school. They both adore each other. Every morning when Jazlynne wakes up and comes in my room to cuddle she says, "Dada wook"? Telling me that Daddy is at work. She stands on a foot stool every day around 5:00 looking out the window, waiting for Daddy to pull in from work. On Saturday mornings when he IS home in the morning she's so excited she just wants to cuddle in his arms for the first half hour after waking up. The whole time she has the biggest grin on her face!

There's a certain bedtime routine she has every night that requires her Daddy. We brush her teeth and then go in her room and have family prayer. After the prayer we may sing a primary song to her together. Then Jazlynne give me a big kiss and wants me to go out so Daddy will sing to her. That's Daddy's time with Jazlynne and she won't get to sleep until she gets it. Monday nights are a little more difficult because Craig goes to school until 10:00 so she takes a little bit longer to get to sleep.

Craig has always sung the church hymn, Be Still My Soul, to Jazlynne before bed. One day he was singing it to her and decided to make it more personal for his little sweetheart. She loves the song and will even sing along with him before she goes to sleep at night. I recorded him singing it so that on the nights where he will be at school and can't sing it to her, she can still hear him singing it to her before bed. I won't post it because it's kind of personal to him.

My favorite line from the song is, "My first born baby girl". I just love that it's something special for her! So even when Kynzlee comes, that's her special song from her Daddy. When Craig is at work and she's missing her Daddy she repeats the line from the song that says, "Daddy on your side". It's the sweetest thing.

I could watch those two play all day. It's so funny because Jazlynne will play so rough with Daddy and he's a little rough with her too. They roll around on the floor wrestling, Jazlynne will jump up and down on Craig, she will wrap her arms around his neck and squeeze him so tight! It makes me happy that she has a man in her life that is such a great example to her.

One song that Craig has sang to Jazlynne since it came out, way back before it got popular and on the radio, is Ho Hey by The Lumineers. When she was barely a year old he taught her the beat and when to clap. Now she can sing "Sweeeeetheart!!" In her high pitched voice. She KNOWS that's her song and when it comes on the radio her face lights up and she smiles so big. The part that goes, "I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart!" Is their line.

I just want Jazlynne to know how blessed she is to have the best Daddy in the whole world!! Craig, you are an amazing husband and father! Thanks for all you do for us girls! We love you!





3 comments:

Creel Family said...

You made me cry. What a sweet post :)

Creel Family said...

You made me cry. What a sweet post :)

Andrea said...

Loved this post, Amanda! Wow -- I had no idea my little brother was such a great Dad! ;) You are an excellent writer! Jazzlyne is lucky to have the both of you! Such wonderful parents! :)