Thursday, March 28, 2013

50th birthday!

On March 12th my mom turned the big 5-0!!!

She always says she doesn't have many people that care for her, and was looking forward to a lonely birthday, doing absolutely nothing. So my sister Rebecca and I decided to plan a little surprise birthday for her big 50th. We wanted to show her that not only her four daughters love her, but also her three son in-laws, and nine and a half grand kids. That's a lot of people just right there that love and care about her. We just wanted her to feel special!!

So we came up with a plan. Rebecca would invite my mom to lunch for her birthday and we would all meet there, then surprise her. So I called her favorite restaurant and made reservations for our big family. Rebecca went and ordered an Over the Hill cake and I went and bought some Over the Hill balloons. It was really fun planning it with my sister! When my mom invited me to join them I had to make up a lame excuse why I couldn't make it.

When my mom walked in, me and my other sister's families were already seated. It took her a minute to look over and see us sitting there, but when she did she was defiantly surprised! She had a permanent-grin the whole time. I think she was really surprised and felt very loved at that moment. It was a great way to celebrate her 50th birthday together as a family.

My mom has had many trials and difficult times throughout her life. She has made some choices in life that have had negative repercussions. She has always just wanted to be loved and find happiness. I have to thank my mom though, because whatever she was going through, she took care of us girls at times when she could have thrown in the towel and gave up. Now that I am a mother it is hard to imagine being a single mom to Jazlynne. It would be so hard to play the role of mom and dad. She did it with three of her daughters. She worked all day, then would come home and get dinner on the table. We never went without food or shelter. We were taken care of. So I am thankful to my mom for all her sacrifices for us over the years!

I hope she had an amazing birthday and felt loved by all the people in her life. Even though she had her big 50th, she will always be young at heart! Love you Mom!!





4 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great post! I haven't ever met your Mom...she sounds like a great person. :)

BreAnna Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BreAnna Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deeann Jensen said...

Amanda I cried my head off reading this.
I love my girls more than life itself. You girls are the ONLY meaningfull thing i have in life. Your the beautifull gift god gave to me and I could never repay my father in heaven for that special gift. You can never know the infinate love I have for my 4 ANGELS. Your what makes me breath every day. When your father left for me to figure out what now alone with 4 daughters to take care of alone. God stepped in as the proxy father and I was his help mate. I have no doubt in my mind of that. He loves us more than we can imagine. I will always love my father in heaven and be forever indebted to him. Thanks for the kind words my Amanda I love you TONS honey!!
Your mama