I'm sure after Saturday there will be another post about Craig graduating but I just have to post today about how excited I am for him! On Saturday May 5th, Craig will be graduating from Utah State University with a Bachelor's degree in History and Anthropology. He has worked so hard for this! Ever since I met him he has attended college. When I met him he was a sophomore at USU while working at Chevron. It has been such an awesome experience to watch him grow over the years as a student and just as a person as well.
I am so proud of him for sticking with school and not dropping out through everything he has took on in the last few years. He got married to me in August 2009, we went on our honeymoon, and as soon as we got home it was time for him to begin a new year of school. Then I got pregnant with Jazlynne the following May. He was so excited to become a daddy! I don't even think he realized he was going to be working full time, going to school full time, taking care of a sick pregnant woman, and preparing for a baby! He was ecstatic to take on the new challenge of parenthood. That following November Jazlynne was born super early and was very teeny. He went to his teachers at USU immediately and explain what had happened. He worked very closely with his teachers to work out a deal that he could return to the class the next semester and start back up where he left off. He spent the next two months driving to Ogden every weekend.
I just wanted to express my gratitude to him for all his sacrifices to get through school so that he could take care of his family. He has shown me just how important education is. Whether you do something with that education or not, at least you gained some knowledge. I just want him to know that we are SO proud of him and we LOVE him!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment