Our TV went out on us last week. We had already been looking into getting a new one but now we have an excuse. A 3D TV should be here this week.
The day it died I was supposed to watch my niece and nephew that night, I had no idea what we would do to entertain them now. I was very surprised that they played with Jazlynne's barbie house all night long! As for me,I was bummed. I told Craig that TV is the only thing that keeps me sane during the day. I had no idea how wrong I was.
Jazlynne is a very smart little girl, but I never realized how smart until going a week without TV. The TV would be on while we play, eat, and do everything else throughout the day. When the TV is on Jazlynne becomes like a zombie. Yo Gabba Gabba has become an everyday part of life. Jazlynne has watched it since the day she came home from the hospital. The songs are loud and energetic, the colors are bright and fun. I love watching her face light up when DJ Lance Dance's face pops up. It's a good, fun show; but this week I have seen Jazlynne's face light up for other things. When she throws her ball on the kitchen floor and watches it bounce in the air, when she stacks her plastic blocks really high and watches them tip over, when she stacks her colorful bowls in order by size.. Etc. Things that, either I didn't notice or didn't happen as much when the TV was on.
I'm sure I'm sounding like a horrible mom!! She played, ran around, and was learning everyday! I just think having the TV on effected that in a way I can't explain. Since having no TV Jazlynne is talking a lot more and using words we haven't heard her use before. Also, with having no TV, I have managed to keep our house clean, make better dinners, and even have time to bake cookies. Overall, it has been a huge eyeopener. I think from now on, we will limit TV time. I guess you could say it was a blessing in disguise. :)
![]() |
| RIP Toshiba |
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

2 comments:
We get that way sometimes. Especially when the kids are sick it's so easy to distract them with TV and then it's so hard to wean them off of it when they're done! We have some days that are better than others but your post is inspiring me to do better. Less TV here we come.... :)
I guess it was a blessing in disguise! :) My kids love to watch TV (we don't have cable, but they watch Disney Playhouse on our computer, or movies on our TV). I try to limit it, although I will be the first to admit that when I'm having a bad day, the TV is my best friend! :) It's a good babysitter when I need it! :) I do find, however, that much more gets done when the TV is off. Good luck with your "less TV" goal! I'm right along with you...
Post a Comment