I have been feeling kind of sentimental lately. Maybe it's the fact that my baby is growing up or that I'm getting old and doing some reflecting on life. I'm not really sure. I have been feeling pretty emotional lately and the smallest things have made me tear up. Before you think anything, no I'm not pregnant. :)
The other day, the cashier at Walmart asked us if we wanted to donate a dollar to Primary Children's Medical Center. With a big smile, Craig said, "YES!" I know it was only a dollar but I had a smile that I couldn't get rid of and felt like crying right there. My emotions came flooding back of being at Primary Children's with our little four and a half pound baby; taking her in to have surgery on the three hernias she had. I thought of all the doctors and other staff that works so very hard every second of every day to save children or make them feel better. I remembered Jazlynne's little hoarse cry right after she woke up from the surgery. So many things came back in my mind of Primary Children's and I wished we were able to do more than a dollar. Then I had a thought, if everyone in all the Walmarts, going through the checkouts gave one dollar, it could make a world of a difference for someone. Luckily I was able to suppress the tears and swallow the lump in my throat. That was just one instance.
Another example was in Primary, we played a hide and seek game with an object today. When the child would look for the object we would sing louder as they got closer and quieter as they got farther away. We sang a simple song but one that I love so very much, "We Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints". I was almost just tickled with joy watching the children get so excited and knowing they are learning about our savior, Jesus Christ. I just feel so blessed to be serving in the primary, and watch the kids in our class learn new things. We have some pretty great kids to teach, we've really grown to love them.
Everyday it's the smallest things that touch my heart. Watching my Jazlynne grow has became the highlight of my life. It's so fun to watch her learn new things. She's such a goofball, just like her mom and dad. She makes us laugh everyday! It's so crazy that she's not just this little newborn anymore. She's just a miniature human with her own personality and thoughts. I treasure every moment I have with her because I know before I know it, I'll be raising a teenager. :)
One thing I have been thinking about is how in the world I ended up with someone like Craig. He is seriously, one of the most amazing men I have ever met in my life; and I'm lucky enough to get to spend eternity with him. He always worries about my needs before his own. Our love has grown so much and will continue to grow as we get old and wrinkly. It brings me back to how we got where we are today. If you don't know the story behind how we came to be, it was quite the journey. Mostly for me; I have changed, (for the better), so much since the moment I saw Craig through that Chevron window for the first time. I wasn't sure I would ever go through the temple. I wanted it, but just never thought it would happen for me. The other day as we were driving home we got talking about me going through the temple. I was telling Craig how he changed my life. I know I would not have made it to the temple without him. If you didnt know, when I met craig I was beginning to work to get worthy so I could go through the temple and receive my own endowments. I got discouraged and gave up. I started falling back into temptations and some bad habits. Craig stayed by me and was the friend I needed. He told me so many times how much I was worth and how much better I was than what I was doing. I was telling Craig my successes with making it to the temple were all because of three people, and couldn't have been done without those three main people. It couldn't have been done with two of us, it needed all three. Me, Craig and Heavenly Father. Craig was my missionary. If it was between me and Heavenly Father I know it wouldn't have happened, and it couldn't have happened if it was between me and Craig. Me getting to the temple needed all three of us.
I have just felt extremely blessed in life lately. We may not have tons of money or know exactly where we are supposed to be in life right now, but we have each other. Craig, Jazlynne and I. I thank my Father in Heaven for giving me the best little family with real, honest love.
I hope you're able to find joy in the simplest things in life also and let your heart flood with love. <3

2 comments:
I love your thoughts on needing three people to get to the temple. I think all the time there are three people in my marriage. We all need each other and Heavenly Father to keep us strong. I can't believe I'm missingo out on little Jazzy growing up. I'm excited to see her in July. Unless you get the job then maybe sooner :) We are praying for you guys always and love you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and uplifting me today.
I loved this post, Amanda! It was beautifully written. And you know, Craig may be a great guy, but he chose to marry YOU. Which means that YOU must be pretty amazing yourself as well! :) You really are awesome! Craig and Jazzy are lucky to have you. I sure wish that we lived closer so that we could get to know each other better. Blogging helps though. :)
Post a Comment