Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Jazlynne's Birthday!

So, our little two pound one ounce preemie turned 1 year old on November 17th. She went in for her year check-up and weighed 18 lbs. 5 oz. & was 29 in. She has grown quite a bit in the last year. We are very proud of how far she has come. It was a little tough for me to think it had already been a year!








I had all these memories of being in Ogden and walking back and forth to the hospital to visit my little sweetheart in her isolate. It brought back a strange feeling, that most may not understand. I was all alone down there during the weekdays, but I never felt completely alone. As I would walk down the long sidewalk from the guesthouse to the hospital it was almost like I had someone walking right beside me. I missed Craig so much at times that it hurt, but I was never alone. I know for a fact there was someone with me those times that I was alone, letting me know that you are NEVER alone. It brought back this weird calming feeling. I remember watching out my room window, (and also when I would walk to the hospital) the snow falling softly onto the sidewalk. It was so strange how peaceful it was. I remember walking out in the snow. It was so quite and just so beautiful watching the snow slowly and quietly flutter down. Those were the moments that I like to remember the most when I think about the birth of my little Jazlynne. Not the scared feeling, where we wondered what was happening and if she would make it safely to this earth. 










So for Jazlynne's birthday we went to Golden Corral and let her try some foods out. It was a week day so we couldn't do a whole lot but we wanted to make it as special as we could. We watch her videos together, from when she was born. That Saturday we had a birthday party for her at Grandma and Grandpa Turley's house! She had so much fun and was such a doll! Her cousins, Kalista, Keegan, Dylan, Drayden, Ashton and Adalyn were there. As well as her aunts Alyssa, Rebecca and Marissa, and of course her Grandma and Grandpa Turley. It was Hello Kitty and so cute! I made her an outfit that said, "I am 1". It was darling! I will add a couple photos that I have already edited and as I get more edited I can go back and add more in. The day was really important and special to us. I am glad she was able to celebrate that with some of the important people in her life. Thanks everyone!! 














Happy 1st Birthday to our little Princess.

No comments: