Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Better late than never...


I guess now is as good of a time as ever to start a family blog. There is a lot to catch everyone up on. We did have a blog until about a month or so ago and I went back to find it, and it had been deleted. So I have to start all over again. That is alright though, I have some spare time here at work.
"Where our Journey together began."

We met at Chevron in the Spring of 2008. We became really good friends as he would ask me advise about dating, and I would talk to him about wanting to go back to church and make it to the temple one day. We just became really great friends as I prepared myself to become temple worthy.


"Work Friends. Summer 2008"

The end of summer 2008 some drastic changes in my life where happening and I didn't end up handling it the best. I was getting out of a long relationship and drifting away from the things I held important in my life. I stopped caring about myself and the things I wanted to achieve in this life.  Craig had a hard time with all of this, watching someone he cared about so much, and had become such great friends with, go down a dark road. No matter what he stuck by though and didn't give up on me. There were a couple nights I remember him coming over while I was having a really hard time. I would be crying and telling him how I just didn't care about anything anymore. He would always tell me that I am worth more and that I am a good person and not to give up on myself. I would never have made it through without him. We would have these silly little arguments about nothing important, and wouldn't talk for weeks at a time. As much as we vowed never to talk to each other again, there would always be something pulling us together. There was just something that would not allow us to give up on each other.


"At my house. September 2008" 

I remember around Christmas time my younger sister, Brianna came to stay with me. We both were in a tough time in our lives and got talking about heavenly father and the temple. One night while she was there we decided something together. We were both going to work on getting temple worthy and in the habit of getting back to church. I made a promise to myself that night that my shenanigans were over. I looked back at the last four months and thought, What a waste. I could have been to the temple by now but I made some stupid decisions. I was done being stupid! I was ready for a major change in my life. 



One night after the new year started, Craig and I started talking a little bit again after not talking during Christmas break. He asked me to come over to the "Moblin" house one night and just hang out. So I went over to his house and we put on Meet the Robinson's. There was a spark there that I knew had been there all a long, I just denied feeling it. I went home that night and remembered praying and really thinking things over. I finally was allowing myself to be open about how I felt about Craig. I was ready to bring that wall down. The next day I asked Craig to come over to my house to talk. I was really nervous! It had been about nine months of friendship. I finally did it, I told him that I was ready to be with him and only him. I told him I didn't want to date anyone else. I wanted us to be exclusive. He was so happy because he had been wanting that for a really long time! 


"The night at the Moblin House"

That is our story of how we met, and came to be. <3






No comments: